I feel pretty good. I'm not embarrassed to be influenced by people younger than me. I was able to discern this very tiny film of guilt from assuming that people hate me, and then I realized that no one hates me, even thought [sic] I never realized that anyone did. I'm glad. I don't think it would make me more interesting if people hated me. I don't want anyone to hate me. and no one does.

I think George Bush is crazy, lately. I used to just think he was kind of stubborn and a dim bulb. people always say he's "not stupid." it may be that he's not stupid, but what the hell does that mean. in any case, regardless of whether he's stupid, he can still be a dim bulb. and crazy. I now think he's crazy. cheney is crazy. rove is crazy. colin powell was never crazy, as I think I've said before. condi is a bit idealistic, cult material perhaps, but not exactly crazy. I just can't believe what's happening. it wasn't always like this, right? this is new, right? all kinds of things.

^poem -->

well, things were pretty good in a lot of ways, relatively speaking, under clinton. and no it wasn't all to his credit, but things were trending reasonably well, in a lot of respects. and that wasn't too long ago. so maybe things could get better in about the same amount of time they've gotten worse. I don't know. what was I going to say:

I love the snickers dark.
a shoe is clothes
I do believe, come to think of it, which
I don't always do, that
poetry can be this sort of imaginative sot
transformative sod
omy
oh god
sort fo
sort of thing
--> sort of thing. I just mean
not this
we all reem
remember reading a story
and it6 changed us
now not all captain
I just mean I'm going to write that way
and I do think about revolutions. hard
to say.
cindy sheehan is impressive in a way.
I don't mean she's a great card player.
I just mean she's like what we all don't think
we can. just a person who
does something and it works. the media
picks up things, you could say, and uses them,
the media decides that there needs to be this person
who represents no one special except they act.
they actually go to the president's home
for god's sake
and don't leave until he agrees to talk to them
which he doesn't.
just as well.
I wouldn't shake his hand. he pardoned (basically)
scooter libby. that guy was convicted of perjury
and obstruction of justice by a jury
his own lawyers helped select.
well, I mostly accept things. I trust
the experts and hope for the best,
and I write poetry and do my chores.
who knows. the sun will burn out.
it's nice to feel needed but how many people
do I want to need me.

so for all intents and purposes
bush is going to have to be put down
it's weird and silent for the most important thing.
how it's just getting to where he won't even
be impeached or murdered
it's more humiliating or should be
than that, it's more like somebody's
just going to tap him on the shoulder
and say "uhh, absolutely no one is listening to you
anymore except rove, not even me, so it's just you and rove,
you can keep living and eating here but everyone thinks you're nuts
except scalia, rove and thomas. you don't have to move out
but when you tell people to do things they're going to ignore you."
I guess it's not exactly going to be like that.

I was thinking about how you can be radical but not dangerous.
I don't think I really know how to be dangerous, at least not
on any kind of scale, or maybe I do, who knows. but if I was to
be dangerous it would
have to be by being less radical I think. of course
no one knows what they mean by radical and when "
I know it when I see it" means
you don't know it and probably don't see it. oh shit
I just edited a line break. what a waste of time.to do that.
so I don't know what would be dangerous
maybe by process of elimination
but probably it's not what's radical
at universities or whatever.
I think line breaks at all are subversive
tho spending a lot of time on them probably is not
but it's cool because the
line can go down to the next line whenever you want
irrespective of mead
it's a hot day
I'm glad I wrote my poem
I might have a part [sic] tonight I don't know